Join Our Team
We take Fire and EMS departments beyond the reach of broadband, connecting them with mission-ready solutions that are dependable in any situation. RadioMobile provides its employees with competitive wages and benefits and is quick to respond to those showing initiative and dedication to our mission.
Paid time off
Software Engineer, iOS Mobile Application Developer
Do you want to make your job meaningful? Join our team at RadioMobile where we develop mission critical end-to-end public safety systems that help save lives and keep firefighters safe. Our solutions include on-prem as well as cloud-based services, Windows and iOS applications, integration with various wireless communications including 4G/5G, 2-way satellite and LMR.
RadioMobile’s development team is seeking a software engineer with emphasis in iOS environments to create, enhance, maintain, and test mobile software applications for 911 dispatch, mobile devices and associated applications used by public safety departments and fleet management organizations. In addition to enhancing the current product suite, this position will work with management and other team members to evaluate and create new programs and systems as those opportunities present themselves.
- Design and develop iPad and iPhone software applications using standard development tools
- Design and develop database driven client-server applications
- Assist team with quality assurance testing, problem resolution and documentation
- Coordinate with other staff designers and developers to ensure total end-to-end system functionality
- Work with an offshore team to coordinate development and testing
- Work onsite at least 60% of time to develop and test with related hardware and communications equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer Engineering
- 3+ years directly related experience in Software Development technologies
- Knowledge of iOS development environment including LTE and WiFi communications, IP protocols and graphical user interfaces (GUI)
- Strong design, coding & code review skills as well as testing experience
- Expertise in Swift and UIKit and other tools such as iPadOS, MacOS, Xcode, GitHub, App Store Connect
- Familiarity with cloud computing and deployment; Microsoft Azure preferred
- Some knowledge of Windows Development systems including Databases and Communications
- Self-motivated, good time management and comfort working individually and in a group environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Other Desired Skills
- GIS/Mapping and SDKs (for example, Apple Maps and ESRI)
- Relational database management system (SQLite, Microsoft SQL Server)
- TCP/IP, UDP, socket communications & networking technologies (WebAPI, REST, etc.)
- Cloud and virtualization technology
- Security mindset (HTTPS, VPN, TLS, X.509 certificates)
- Agile software development experience (e.g., Atlassian tools)
- Public Safety Environment
Candidate MUST be authorized to work in the US for any employer.
Headquartered in San Diego, RadioMobile provides products that enable public safety and commercial organizations to have access to situational awareness information to make informed decisions. With a wide portfolio ranging from ruggedized in-vehicle mobile data computers, dispatch/tracking software products including mapping, fire station alerting, mobile vehicle location services, customized mobile data networking products, integration and installation services, we pride ourselves in having the flexibility to support products across government and public safety, security services and the private fleet management industries.
Sr. Field Installation Technician
Do you want a meaningful job? RadioMobile is looking for mobile installers of communication equipment to join the team in support of our mission to provide and service the equipment and software our company creates for public safety agencies like CalFire and other fire agencies.
This position is for the lead technician of a developing team responsible for the installation of our custom-made hardware and software systems. Specifically, we are looking for someone with the ability to install the following equipment into vehicles like fire engines and battalion trucks:
- Our own mobile data computers and displays, using mounting hardware from RAM, Gamber Johnson or similar.
- Mobile routers and antennas from Sierra Wireless, Cradlepoint, Viasat and others.
- Communication and power wiring throughout the vehicles, from the roof to center consoles, to engine bays and batteries.
- Configuring, troubleshooting, and answering questions from customers regarding our software and hardware systems that you’ve installed.
- In addition to our mobile products, the team that this person leads will be responsible for the installation of our fire station alerting solutions in buildings. This involves the following kinds of installation: 1) Mounting electronics cabinets and display monitors to walls or in racks; 2) Installing other display, lighting, and speaker systems in room ceilings and/or walls; 3) Running power and communication wiring throughout a building including crawl spaces, conduits, and terminating at various devices.
- Experience in equipment installation in vehicles. Public safety preferred, but electronics and hardware installation in vehicles is required.
- Individual should be comfortable safely using hardware installation tools: hand tools like wrenches and screwdrivers, power tools like drills and small rotary tools.
- Should have experience with soldering irons and other minor electrical tools like wire strippers, splices, crimping tools, and RJ-45 terminations.
- Basic computer skills and aptitude to learn various customers software.
- Help develop product installation plans, execute to those plans, and document results with acceptance test procedures with the customer.
- Work with the customer representative to insure proper and expected results, neatness and functionality of end products.
- Manage a team of equal or lesser experienced technicians and assist in building the team over time.
This job includes traveling to customer sites, often for several days at a time, to complete various jobs. You must be willing and able to work away from home up to 5 days a week as required for particular jobs. Travel is provided and expenses are covered by RadioMobile for these trips.
RadioMobile expects to spend time training this individual and providing an upward path of increased responsibility and compensation over time.
RadioMobile provides its employees with competitive wages and benefits, and quick to respond to those showing initiative and dedication to our mission.
“Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org”