At RadioMobile, we believe in working together with our clients and partners to make a difference in public safety. Moving the industry forward with technology that is dependable, innovative and progressive is important to making a lasting impact for first responders and the communities they serve.
Join Our Team
We take Fire and EMS departments beyond the reach of broadband, connecting them with mission-ready solutions that are dependable in any situation. RadioMobile provides its employees with competitive wages and benefits and is quick to respond to those showing initiative and dedication to our mission.
Paid time off
Sr. Field Installation Technician
Do you want a meaningful job? RadioMobile is looking for mobile installers of communication equipment to join the team in support of our mission to provide and service the equipment and software our company creates for public safety agencies like CalFire and other fire agencies.
This position is for the lead technician of a developing team responsible for the installation of our custom-made hardware and software systems. Specifically, we are looking for someone with the ability to install the following equipment into vehicles like fire engines and battalion trucks:
- Our own mobile data computers and displays, using mounting hardware from RAM, Gamber Johnson or similar.
- Mobile routers and antennas from Sierra Wireless, Cradlepoint, Viasat and others.
- Communication and power wiring throughout the vehicles, from the roof to center consoles, to engine bays and batteries.
- Configuring, troubleshooting, and answering questions from customers regarding our software and hardware systems that you’ve installed.
- In addition to our mobile products, the team that this person leads will be responsible for the installation of our fire station alerting solutions in buildings. This involves the following kinds of installation: 1) Mounting electronics cabinets and display monitors to walls or in racks; 2) Installing other display, lighting, and speaker systems in room ceilings and/or walls; 3) Running power and communication wiring throughout a building including crawl spaces, conduits, and terminating at various devices.
- Experience in equipment installation in vehicles. Public safety preferred, but electronics and hardware installation in vehicles is required.
- Individual should be comfortable safely using hardware installation tools: hand tools like wrenches and screwdrivers, power tools like drills and small rotary tools.
- Should have experience with soldering irons and other minor electrical tools like wire strippers, splices, crimping tools, and RJ-45 terminations.
- Basic computer skills and aptitude to learn various customers software.
- Help develop product installation plans, execute to those plans, and document results with acceptance test procedures with the customer.
- Work with the customer representative to insure proper and expected results, neatness and functionality of end products.
- Manage a team of equal or lesser experienced technicians and assist in building the team over time.
This job includes traveling to customer sites, often for several days at a time, to complete various jobs. You must be willing and able to work away from home up to 5 days a week as required for particular jobs. Travel is provided and expenses are covered by RadioMobile for these trips.
RadioMobile expects to spend time training this individual and providing an upward path of increased responsibility and compensation over time.
RadioMobile provides its employees with competitive wages and benefits, and quick to respond to those showing initiative and dedication to our mission.